02 May 2016

More Jesus Mondays: Our plans, His Plans


Lately, I've been thinking about my plans and wondering will my time for celebration; my version of "happily ever after" ever come. A lot of things in my life has recently come to a screeching halt and nothing I do or say gets things moving again. So, for me, it's so easy to think, 'No. Don't count on it.' While these thoughts burned like small campfires in the back of my mind, I came across this verse the other day:
"We can make our plans, but the LORD determines our steps."
Proverbs 16:9 (NLT)
There's nothing wrong with having dreams, goals and desire to do certain things. What it all boils down to is trust. Do you trust God to lead you down the path that you need? Do you trust Him to take your life and make it better than what you could do on your own?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment