09 November 2016

November 8 2016

Election Day. I've paid more attention to Twitter than I did the television. I know the results will continue to roll in for some time now. To be honest, I'm not surprised by the results but they still infuriate me.

You know that part of a story or a movie where the HUGE conflict plays out and the the hero(ine) starts to get walloped to the point where you're almost certain that they're going to lose? Well I kind of feel like that except the person holding the remote stopped at that part and then destroyed the movie disc/file before you could get it back from them.

There are no positive thoughts in my head at this moment and the fact that I had a crappy day at work and didn't meet my daily writing goal doesn't make things better.

I need a win. We (the people who are against hate) need a win. Yes, we need to fight the good fight but our blows will be useless if we don't stop to re-fuel when necessary.

So if you're like me and experiencing some sort of personal defeat and/or feeling defeated after watching the beginning of the presidential election results, take a break to re-fuel.

Me? I might re-fuel by binge watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, reading something fun and writing. All while choosing not to get out of bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment