25 April 2016

More Jesus Mondays - One of my favorite quotes

created via fotor.com
Welcome to "More Jesus Mondays". Every Monday I will {try to} write a short, Christ-centered post to help start the work week on a good note. So, without further ado... let's go!

It's no secret that my introversion level is quite high. I've written blog posts and shared articles about it on my personal Facebook page. One of the most influential books that I've read regarding introverts and introversion is Adam S. McHugh's Introverts in the Church. This book focuses on the role that an introvert plays in the Church when it seems like extroversion and "outgoing-ness" is highly favored. Amidst the supplemental Bible verses and personal stories, this book is chockfull of quotes. Here's one of my favorites:

"When introverts go to church, we crave sanctuary in every sense of the word, as we flee from disorienting distractions of twenty-first century life. We desire to escape from superficial relationships, trivial communications and the constant noise that pervade our world, and find rest in the probing depths of God's love." - Introverts in the Church, Adam S. McHugh, pg. 191

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment