04 August 2016

Throwback Thursday Book Review - Toning for Teens

Hello all! I'm back with another book review and this time I wanted to highlight a book that I read as a young teenager that helped me get started in working out and staying active. 




Toning for Teens: The 20-Minute Workout That Makes you Look Good and Feel Great by Joyce L. Vedral, Ph.D.

Personal Review: I really enjoyed this book as a young teenager and I went through the workout plan until completion. At the end I like feeling a little bit stronger, more energized and a bit more confident. This is the book that helped me get into exercising and gave me a desire to work on keeping my body as healthy as it could be. It starts of with an uplifting message for young girls and then gets into the basics of what to know about working out, what to expect and how the human body works. The book comes with a workout plan, instructions on how many reps and what weights to start off with, pictures, fitness tips and food guidelines. Is it still relevant today? With a few updates perhaps, I'm pretty sure it's still relevant. 

Age Suitability: 10-18

Recommend?: Tween and teen girls that want to get started exercising but don't know where to start

Rating: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment