14 June 2016

Book Review Tuesdays: Legend


Hey all! I'm finally making a bit of progress in reading the books that I already own. Here's my latest read.

Image credit: Goodreads
Legend (Legend #1) by Marie Lu

Short Summary: June is a prodigy in the military and Day is a criminal that's making the Republic look bad. After June's older brother is murdered, she believes that Day is the killer and swears to take him down no matter what. In a turn of events, both Day and June realize that the government is keeping bigger secrets from the people.

Personal Review: When I got this book, I remembered that it was on my TBR list but, it had been on there for so long that I sorta forgot what it was about. No problem there because it can be interesting going into a book blind. This is the second book that I've read where the setting is clearly Dystopian America and there are historical or geographical references. That concept alone is refreshingly different and interesting to me. I also liked the fact that the story is told from Day's perspective then June's perspective in different font and different color lettering. Telling a story, particularly a dystopian story, from multiple perspectives can be a hit or miss with readers in general but, I think the author did a great job of keeping the plot going without retelling everything that just happened. The first 50 pages was a little bit slow for me but, the pace quickened after that. To me, the characters were good. Not dull or annoying but not spectacular. The last third part of the book was a little predictable in my opinion but, I think the story left off at a good place. No major cliff hangers. Overall the book was good. I'll finish the trilogy but not right away.

Age Suitability: 13+ - Typical YA book

Rating: ★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment