19 July 2016

Book Review - Augustine by Mélanie Watt

Hey everyone! I'm back again with another book review and this book is a little different from all the other books that I normally read. As you can tell by the cover, this book is a children's picture book. So why on earth is a 26-year-old, single, childless woman reading it? Well, the answer is simple. Penguins! I love penguins and I think they're adorable. So when I saw this book at work, I was extremely curious about an adorable little penguin named Augustine who's holding a stuffed penguin toy and has her feet turned in. I'm not gonna lie after reading this I kind of want a little stuffed penguin so I can name her Augustine.


Augustine by Mélanie Watt

Short Summary: Augustine and her family are moving from the South Pole to the North Pole because her father got a new job. Augustine misses her old home and is worried about going to a new school. So with the help of colored pencils and her toy penguin, Picasso, this shy little penguin learns of a way to get to break the ice (no pun intended) with her classmates and to start feeling at home in a new place.

Personal Review: This is such an adorable story. The art is wonderful and on the left side of the pages, the story is told in nine little art panels. Not only does this book do a good job in helping kids that might be moving and going to a new school but, it also introduces kids to art in general. I thought it was cool to see that in the very back of the book, the author lists about 14 different painters that helped provide inspiration for Augustine and were included in some way in the book. If I had kids, this is definitely a book that I would buy for them whether or not they're moving to a new place.

Age Suitability: 5-10 years old

Ratings: ★★★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment