05 July 2016

Book Review Tuesdays: Quarter Life Poetry


Hey everyone! Hope everyone enjoyed their Independence Day Weekend. Last Wednesday, I turned 26. I usually enjoy birthdays but this year, I rung in 26 a little differently. And not the good kind of different. It's the kind of different that slaps you to remind you that you're an adult. Not a normal adult {whatever that is} but the kind of adult that's starting off struggling and jumping through extra hoops just to make basic things work out. Anyways, I stumbled upon this book that really helped lift my mood. I will say that it took me a couple days to finish not because it was long, or it didn't capture my attention but because I didn't want it to end so quickly. So, here's my review of Quarter Life Poetry that was released in April 2016.




Quarter Life Poetry: Poems for the Young, Broke and Hangry by Samantha Jayne
Short Summary: A collection of short, humorous poems and illustrations based on what mid-20somethings face in life. These poems and illustrations were compiled from the author's popular Instagram and Tumblr pages, "Quarter Life Poetry"Topics range from money, work, love, social life, food and more.
Personal Review: I really enjoyed this little collection. It was short, it's lighthearted, it made me and my sister laugh. I believe that 20somethings... more importantly mid-20somethings can relate to almost all of what's said. The word 'poetry' in the title is used loosely so hardcore poetry fans should not expect anything more than rhyming poems. The focus on this book is to make the reader laugh and say 'Yaaaass!' {Not sure if that saying is still a thing}. Anyways, If you're a 20something who's single and struggling to pay off student loans while working a less than desirous job, this book was practically compiled for you.
Age Suitability: 20somethings
Rating: ★★★★☆ Why 4 stars instead of 5? I had hoped it would be longer. Perhaps there will be another book??

No comments:

Post a Comment